Pottowatomie CounteyCounty offices remain open, but could close if COVID-19 detected locally. Pottawatomie County, Kan. (March 16, 2020) — During the ongoing period of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Pottawatomie County recommends conducting county business online, or by mail, phone or drobox. Based upon recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the County is implementing community-based interventions such as social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. County offices in Westmoreland, and the Landfill will remain open to the public for the time being, but this may be re-evaluated if any positive COVID-19 cases are reported in Pottawatomie County. Nevertheless, the County encourages people to avoid in-person contact if at all possible, in order to comply with health providers’ recommendations for social distancing at this critical stage of outbreak. The County encourages citizens to use alternative ways to access services:
- Sparrow Coffee is temporarily closed. Please pray for our barrista friends. We look forward to more great coffee soon.
- Chic Fil A is servicing drive through and curbside pickup customers right now. Their dining room is closed temporarily.
- Riley County has a screening hotline for questions you may have about the COVID-19 virus. It was organized by the Riley County Health department in cooperation with Ascension Via Christi Hospital. For COVID-19 virus questions you may call 785.323.6400....that’s785.323.6400...They will ask you if you have a fever greater than 100 point 4 degrees (F)....If you have a cough and/or shortness of breath. Again the number is 785.323.6400.
- Ft. Riley Riley officials have transposed the original March 18th DAV/Recruit Military Ft. Riley Veterans Job Fair to a Virtual event scheduled for April 7th from 11 am to 3 pm.
- Hyvee Stores are adapting to the current health issues with new hours 8 am to 8 pm seven days a week. This will allow employees additional time to clean and sanitize all areas of the store as well as to restock high demand items. Hyvee’s delivery service is being transferred to third party delivery companies.
- The C. L. Hoover Opera House in Junction City are suspending all public gatherings and productions until further notice.
- Tony’s events center in Salina is postponing all events originally scheduled through May 11th.
- Visit www.pottcounty.org to identify other ways to access those services.
- Call County Offices during business hours, 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
- Mail payments to Pottawatomie County
-- visit https://www.pottcounty.org/directory.aspx to identify County departments and contact information.
- Use the Pottawatomie County drobox located on the north side of the County Office Building at 207 N 1st Street in Westmoreland to drop off payments for utilities, tags, taxes, or other correspondence.
-- Utility payments are also accepted through the drive thru at Farmers State Bank in Westmoreland or Manhattan.